Some interesting papers on water diesel mixes in that link Kieth.
Somewhere in there there must be some indication of the best
emulsifiers for diesel and water if not bio, water and ethanol.
I couldn't access the link I prefer for detergents, probably down for
a while if anyone wants to try it:
http://www.chem.wsu.edu/chem240/ester-fats.html
The detergents that I was thinking of appear to be sulphonated Fatty
Acids. Not too hard to make but contain sulphur. I'm getting the
impression that a potassium soap is about as good as it gets for the
emulsifier provided that there is no source of calcium or magnesium
in the fuel system. I can't imagine why there should be (maybe in the
wash water or the water that we are mixing). Lauric Acid is prefered
for detergent effects so perhaps a potassium soap of coconut or palm
oil would mix the ethanol and water with the bio. I have some coconut
oil samples left so I'll make some up and set up a factorial
(eventually).
Regards from Harry

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.