Dear Mr Steven & Helen Hobbs
please see below:

http://home.earthlink.net/~galiagante/house-biofuel.html
III. 3. b. Step Two: Vegetable Oil and Sodium Methoxide

Vegetable oil is primarily made of triglycerine with small amounts of
assorted other compounds including trace elements, fatty acids and stray
proteins that may have slipped through during the extraction process. Virgin
vegetable oils can have carbon chains as short 18 points. Waste Oils (such
as used cooking oils) can have carbon chains as long as 32 point after
repeated heatings and coolings. By comparison, petro diesel has a carbon
chain of between 11 and 13 points.
The transesterification process "breaks" the triglycerine carbon chains into
something that more closely resembles diesel. Breaking triglycerine means
adding sodium hydroxide at a ratio of 3.5 grams per liter of pure
triglycerine in the presence of a suitable solvent. As pure triglycerine is
basically never found, remember that properly testing your oil feedstocks is
very important (see Titration Testing, above).

I am trying to get more information on our question
rgds
rpsharma

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/9bTolB/TM