Jaques raised a very good question back on 5th Sept., and as a non-chemist I
was looking forward to seeing what the answer would be (something about
polymerisation perhaps).  A related problem seems to have arisen with very
high pressure common rail systems (1600 Bar).  These issues must be
addressed or we are going to be discredited by the petrolhead fraternity:

"Greetings,

Speaking with an engine mechanic working for my local Caterpillar dealer, I
was told that a customer using Biodiesel had come in for service due to
engine failure. Upon inspection, it was evidenced that an injector seal had
failed thereby allowing some biodiesel to come in contact with engine oil.
Apparently that contact caused a resulting mixture similar to "tar" which
failed the engine.
Does anyone have any information if indeed mixing biodiesel with motor oil
would cause a tar like substance, and if so why?

Thanks for any info.

Jacques Sinoncelli"

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/ySSFAA/9bTolB/TM