Todd,

Thank you for your insight.  And you are correct in that the
Sigma-Adrich kit is currently not accepted by ASTM.  However
our preliminary validation data impressed NBAC, who is
currently sponsoring a nationwide validation for this kit
and have representatives to ASTM on their committee. The
report on those results will be available in July.  I have
also been contacted by CEN representatives who are
interested in an alternative to the ASTM method.

You are also correct in that small scale producers have not
been purchasing this kit.  Over 95% of our sales have been
to large scale producers and commercial laboratories.  They
find the ASTM method to be very difficult to reproduce, and
are interested in an alternative.

You are not correct in that you believe the sensitivity of
this test to fall outside of ASTM specs.  This enzymatic kit
has applications for diagnostic testing for triglycerides
and was FDA approved for levels lower than the levels needed
for biodiesel testing.

As to the question of price, I must admit that does seem to
be a global complaint.

As an aside, I was an analytical chemist for ten years
before I went into sales/marketing.  I have tested this kit
on biodiesel samples and found it to be very useful as
compared to the ASTM method.

KPS

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/9bTolB/TM