Kieth,

Earlier, you mentioned how companies like Monsanto try to infiltrate groups like ours. In addition I'm sure that there are many emotionally driven and misguided individuals like Tim who are acting on their own. In the past, I've mentioned (rhetorically) that we have strength in solidarity. The fact that we can debate about the details but stay unanimous about almost everything else shows extraordinary strength and fidelity for this type of forum and I think we stand a better chance than most in defending ourselves and this group from such kinds of sabotage.

The Margolis article below is a great example of how this list is an extremely important conduit for getting the truth out to potentially millions of people. Many in this group have contributed in big ways and others are inspired to do the same.

You have earned many titles Kieth. One which I feel you've earned many times over is that of activist. Through this group and your work with JTF, you have directly effected the lives of thousands of people (myself included).

...for what it's worth.

Mike

Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Further to which...

The Horror In London
When we kill them in droves, some of them will strike back.
By Eric Margolis

We are horrified that anyone would attack innocent civilians packed
in subway cars. But the extremists and fanatics who do so say they
are exacting revenge for the 500,000 Iraqi civilians who died,
(confirmed by the UN), from the ten year US-British embargo of Iraq.
For the criminal destruction in 1991 of Iraq's water and sewage
treatment plants that cause massive cholera and typhoid. Or for the
occupation of Iraq and destruction of the city of Falluja that killed
tens of thousands more civilians, and, of course, for Palestine.
http://snipurl.com/g7h1

The Logic of Suicide Terrorism
It's the occupation, not the fundamentalism
By Scott McConnell

Scott McConnell caught up with Associate Professor Robert Pape of the
University of Chicago, whose book on suicide terrorism, Dying to Win,
is beginning to receive wide notice. Pape has found that the most
common American perceptions about who the terrorists are and what
motivates them are off by a wide margin. - A conversation with the
man who knows more about suicide terrorists than any other American.
http://snipurl.com/g7h2

It's Tim Brodie who's in denial about all this.

Tim can't see straight or think straight, there's something wrong
with his mind. Todd uses the term "limbaughtomized", something
similar maybe. Tim has led the list in this kind of crazed circular
argument before, dancing round and round a crashingly obvious fact,
anything rather than expose his cherished notions to the inimical
forces of truth and reality. It has no integrity at all.

Tim quotes words like "unimpeachable", or "tolerance" or "love" in
connection with terrorist acts that were never said here, he quotes
arguments about Chomsky that just didn't happen that way. It's in the
archives after all, but that doesn't stop Tim, he puts words into
your mouth, and the whole list's, for very dubious reasons.

For a typical example, Todd said this to Jill:

>You bitch about opposing view point and then go on to read a full
>page, chapter and verse, as to the opinions of your favorite,
>radical, right-wing,
>"so-ultra-'conservative'-as-to-have-long-since-fallen-off-the-edge-of-
>the-flat-Earth" talk show host yesterday. What's up with that?

Tim quoted that directly to me and then said: "I notice that he uses
words like 'bitch' when in the context of corresponding with a woman,
which in other circles would border on intimidation."

That doesn't make sense, "to bitch" means to complain, that's all,
but "a bitch" is a whore or worse. In his next message Tim changed it
to this: "What about Todd implying that Kim is a "bitch". So much for
"universal rules of social discourse". He wouldn't have phrased it
that way to her face (in a job situation, he'd be written up for
intimidation)."

Try convincing Tim that Todd didn't call Kim a bitch, see how far you
get. He KNOWS Todd called her a bitch. He KNOWS the bleeding-heart
liberals on this list want appeasement, he has no difficulty
contorting a discussion of real causes into an accusation of
appeasement, as he did with Todd, as I said he'd do. You won't
persuade Tim that we're not offering justifications for terrorism to
support appeasement any more than you'll convince him Todd didn't
call Kim a bitch.

Anyway, he posted a message saying I'm a liar. Before letting it
through I asked him for a modicum of proof for this assertion, to
which he responded that all journalists are liars, everyone knows
that, just switch on the TV or open a magazine for proof of his
point. No mention of what he'd said I'd lied about. So I'm a liar,
Todd called Kim a bitch, and it's the terrorists' inferior cultural
value systems that make them do it, it has nothing to do with US
foreign policy or the hubris of empire. And we're all weak-minded
fools.

Enough! It's hopeless trying to conduct a sane discussion on this
basis, and on a mailing list it's a distraction and a distortion, it
contributes nothing. We all have better things to do than waste our
time on fruitless circular arguments with Tim Brodie. So much for the
"universal rules of social discourse" indeed. Which happens to be a
list rule, not often so abused. He was warned several times, to no
avail. Goodbye Tim Brodie.

Best wishes

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever