-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Appal Energy
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 3:01 PM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] two stage proccess... doubts

ReZn0r,

"Settling time" is simply letting gravity do the separation work for
you, rather than enlisting equipment such as centrifuges. The more
glycerol/soap that is extracted by settling the less impediment to the
subsequent step, whether it be stage two or washing.

Todd Swearingen

>Hi
>       We are making BD with a homemade reactor (80 liters). We have
used de single stage and de two stage (base-base) methods succesfuly,
but we still having many doubts :)

>       In the two stages method described in journeytoforever, the mix
settle around 12 h between first and second stage before extract the
glycerine. It?s necessary to settle so many time? It?s bad if any
glycerine is not decanted and is mixed in the second stage? Is there any
"trick" to avoid to wait 12 h between first and second stage?

>Many thx in advance and sorry for my bad english

Search the combined Biofuel and Biofuels-biz list archives (50,000
messages):