Hmm.  Last I checked aluminum and HDPE were different.  So why do you
assume your experience with making BD in plastic has any bearing on the
suitability of aluminum as a reactor vessel?  Anyways there was a thread
way back about a tank coating material you should use to coat the inside
of your aluminum tank which the methoxide would prefer to react with.
As for washing fuel in the lucite.  I wouldn't do that.  I've heard that
growing catfish in a barrel is easy and can be a sustainable food
supply.  Is your fishtank big enough for that?

Joe