Randall wrote:

>Robert,
>
>Unless I am just missing something basic...if you are over 35 years old, a
>natural born citizen of the US, and have lived in the US for 14 years, you
>are qualified.  I don't read anywhere that it says that you have to be a
>resident for the last 14 years prior to running for election.  Plus, don't
>forget...there are other national offices.  :-)
>
>--Randall
>
>US Constitution, Article II, Section 1
>
>No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States,
>at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the
>office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who
>shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen
>years a resident within the United States.

    Ok, I looked at my copy of the Constitution and you're right.  I'd
read the 14 years' residency requirement to mean 14 years immediately
prior to running for office.  Vote for me!!!

    Although, I don't really WANT the job . . .

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
"The Long Journey"
New Adventure for Your Mind