From: "Jonathan Schearer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sustainablelorgbiofuel@sustainablelists.org>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 5:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] What's Wrong With This Picture

Hello.  Lately, I have been doing a lot of reading on the different systems
for using SVO.  Elsbett seems to have one of the best single tank systems
for this.  I have made good biodiesel, but with rising costs of methanol, I
was looking at alternatives.  I have read about fuel mixing and admit have
tried the DSE just to see what all the hype was about.  I agree that there
is nothing really special about their ingredient and most of the thinning
and diluting is done with the kerosene and gasoline.  It seemed to work fine
in my 300SD, but the more I read, the more I learned of the negative
aspects(incomplete combustion, coking, ring sticking, etc.).  I understand
that I should only try things like this for short term experiments, which I
have.  Is it the FFA in the vegetable oil that causes all of these problems?
Is that why biodiesel will not cause these problems, because part of the
process removes FFA?  I also read about the experiment that concluded that
in order to
 achieve the same atomization as petrol diesel, the rapeseed oil was heated
to 150 C.  This is twice as hot as most of the 2 tank SVO systems that are
on the market now.  Would this mean that you would still have incomplete
combustion if 150 C cannot be reached?  If Rudolf Diesel invented his engine
to run on a variety of fuels, including vegetable oil, how come the engines
of today require more modification or fuel modification to run veg oil?  My
last question is concerning the Elsbett single tank SVO system.  If you can
just pour the veg oil in and go, is there a heater on the main tank for cold
weather?  I am not even sure that SVO will work for me since I drive 12
miles one way to work.  My car gets up to operation temp. half way there.
Thanks all.  Jonathan Schearer.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:  Hallo,

Check out this website if you want to see how well some folks talk out
both sides of their mouths.

http://www.dieselsecret.com

No, it isn't Bio-diesel! Yes, it is the only true Bio-diesel! The
Germans at Mercedes have been doing this since the post World War II years
but we have the only proprietary ingredients! On, and on, and on. Same
old same old.

Happy Happy,

Gustl
--
Je mehr wir haben, desto mehr fordert Gott von uns.
********
We can't change the winds but we can adjust our sails.
********
The safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope,
soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones,
without signposts.
C. S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters"
********
Es gibt Wahrheiten, die so sehr auf der Straße liegen,
daß sie gerade deshalb von der gewöhnlichen Welt nicht
gesehen oder wenigstens nicht erkannt werden.
********
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be
insane by those who could not hear the music.
Friedrich Nietzsche
********
The best portion of a good man's life -
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth

messages):