"87% of the US corn crop is fed to animals....close to 20%..is sold to
wealthy nations to fatten their livestock. Virtually no impoverished
nation will accept our corn....due to its being genetically modified and
therefore unfit for human consumption." David Blume Alcohol Can be a Gas.
It is in our SECURITY interests to use biofuels (and especially Europe's
as they will get hit the hardest with global climate change = ICE AGE).
Biofuels are carbon nuetral. anything above ground is already in the
carbon cycle. It's when we dig up coal or oil and burn it that we ADD to
the CARBON in the atmosphere. This must stop. Burning biofuels adds
carbon but growing the biofuels subtracts carbon. It is carbon neutral
and that is the whole concept from which we must base our transportation
needs on. WE CAN'T KEEP DIGGING, PUMPING, BURNING and ADDING CARBON TO
OUR ATMOSPHERE. Carbon neutral is also why it is OK to burn wood to heat
your house, as long as the trees are replanted. "Potential total alcohol
yields from several fibrous crops could routinely top 1500 to 5000
gallons/acre per year. Crops such as hemp, sudan grass, switchgrass, and
many fast growing trees can be grown for a high yields of alcohol per
acre, even on land that isn't considered cropland or farmland. So at
5000+ gallons/acre, the US might even use less than 15% of it's prime
cropland to serve all of it's transportation fuel needs". David Blume
"Oil can be produced, pumped from the ground and refined without directly
impinging on other pieces of the world economy"..7 myths of energy
independence.....This is BS. What about global climate change????? What
about asthma, cancer, war, ETC. What about climate and war refugees????

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?