modern?
  see Roman symbol
  http://www.feastofhateandfear.com/images/fasci8_2.jpg

Chris Burck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  what are you smoking, kurt? there are lots of fine points and
subtleties when studying history, most especially comparative
political history. it's really best to study, observe, think about,
and discuss these things deliberately, objectively, and with a clear
head. the words islam and fascism just don't go together. period.
simply because you can string a bunch of letters together in a
heretofore unknown sequence does not, for all that they may tug at
your amygdala, mean you are reflecting any kind of reality. at least
not one that matters to ordinary adults (theodore geisel
notwithstanding). fascism is a thoroughly modern phenomenon,
completely inseparable from industrial, capitalist society. to
attempt to understand so-called sharia and wahabi islam one must
explore what hdppened when, and in what context. whem doing so, we
find that so-called "wahabism" began well before the modernization of
the arabian peninsula. it was co-opted in its earliest phase by the
house of saud as a means of consolidating power, and with a quite
clear understanding of the distinction between spiritual and temporal
authority (i.e. the saudi kingdom was not nor is a theocracy). the
more contempory manifestations, such as the islamic brotherhood and
the islamic revolutionaries in iran are reactions, explicitly so, to
centuries-long western political and economic subjugation (contrast
this with the so-called "gay agenda," just one of the many vaporous
internal threats that the american crypto-fascist right so love to
monger). not all things zealous, brutal or intolerant are fascist.
the only possible purpose for coining a term such as islamo-fascist,
is to associate islam with hitler and genocide in the mind of the
target audience. once this association is drawn, well, there's no end
to the possibilities.