On Tuesday 31 January 2006 21:53, Phi Tran wrote:
> 1- There no server-side XMLHTTP needed. It is 100% Client process.
> (All it need is an SVG file form the server.). .

Right, as long as you are only interested in static content, that is a fine
usage. For images, for example.

> 2- It is not 100% SVG1-2 but it support all graphic and cascade style.

Right. This certainly has a place for static content.

> 3- Me My staff want a web-base simple SVG editor that we can work anywhere
> (for ourself). Accessible to anyone of us.

Right. I can certainly see the advantage of this.

> 4- I like one that can play SVG on 99.9% of the webserver population. Easy
> for Web develpoer do do one WEB-page that it display the same no matter
> what browser it is IE 4-5-6-7?? FF 1 -1.2 -1.5 Opera ? AOL ? NS ??

I dont know what you mean by webserver population. You can process SVG with
batik on 100% of webservers (well, win32, unix, linux, mac... at least).
Is that what you mean? XML->raster on the server, then send it to the client?

> 5- Timing? It slower because it is interpreted Vs compiled. Depend on how
> much how big one change it may or may not fit for GAME/animation purpose.
> But it may fit on other purpose such as map dynamic image generator such as
> a web-base image drawing.

Right. Could be good, especially for clients that cant support static SVG. Are
many of these? Have you come accross DENG, the svg viewer written in flash?
Also, why not use flash to generate SVG drawings (blasphemy, but fairly easy,
I would guess).

> 6- We are not just starting it. but it has been worked for long.

Interesting. Any way to take a look at it? Do you have an online version that
is accessible?

Ronan