Definitely you need at least two path.

     If you could not find that then I can send you a javascript rountine to
split that Ellipse into 4 Bezier Curves. Left-top,right bottom.

    But I you need to devide your ellpise not at the 90 degree even then:
The you can do the Path with  four ARC(s). 2 on each path. With No "z"

  Or I can Send your a piece of javascript to draw your ellipse into a
series of lines (for your path).

PHI.