Ianal, but I'm quite sure the gpl does't preclude distributing or executing a gpl program. You should read the license, though. If you distribute, you need to include a copy of the license and provide a link to the sources.

I'd recommend using CreateProcess instead of ShellExecute...

Have you considered an alternative business plan ?

There's an alternate business plan?

Piers.

Sent from my iPhone