Hi Jim,

> I'm not saying I'm against your below list - haven't thought about it enough
> yet - but an "ISP association" seems to imply ISPs - Internet Service
> Providers. Your list might be tending to an "Internet association" (it
> depends on what "so on" means I guess). It would be good to have an "ISP
> association" to stand up for ISPs.
>
> An ISP to me means being obligated to register at BAKOM as a
> telecommunications provider ("Registrierung als gemeldete
> Fernmeldedienstanbieterin") *because* one is offering some sort of public
> Internet services. Such an obligation certainly covers a few points on your
> list. My 2cents worth...

Indeed "and so on.." is open. My point was more to say its not restricted (as
Per Jessen said) to _ACCESS_ providers. You say it should (maybe) be limited to
BAKOM registered providers, don't forget that the new BÜPF law draft includes
non-BAKOM registered _SERVICE_ providers (like mail hosting) and I think such
an assoc. should also protect them.

Participate is the preparation process and you'll have your word to say. If you
wish to be founding member, you will also be able to amend the Statutes and get
a vote during the foundation assembly.

See you!
Pascal