Hi Guys

not wanting to spoil the party here, but knowing the swiss association
"biotope" quite well, it will definitely NOT be easy to make yourself even
heard. some thinking points:

- there is ASUT: they are by far the biggest association of telco's and have a
corresponding "weight" and voice in Berne. they can make things happen (and
vice-versa: they can make things NOT happen). they will probably just laugh at
a new association, consisting of mostly small providers, trying (or more:
struggling) to get a voice in the big universe which is the politics in Berne

- ICT associations are struggling since years to make themselves heard in
Berne. simply put, ICT is lacking of a lobby in Berne. I personally don't think
"just another association" is going to change things here - the biggest
associations tried to merge a bit more than one year ago and it went competely
wrong - because of political interests and some other reasons.

- you WILL need manpower to run this business (association). FREE manpower.
from my experience, people are always keen on FOUNDING an association, but when
it comes to do some work, they magically disappear or appear to be soo busy. if
you can't prove that you're worth being heard (by producing output), the "big
ones" and the politicians will just not hear you. and they are the movers and
shakers in Berne, always keep that in mind. I know it might not be fair and so
on - but it's the reality.

IMHO, you'd better think about the following options before founding the
association. you might want to try those options out before, if they prove to
be wrong or not bring you to your target, you can always found the association
later on.

- consider SWINOG - it IS a brand, so IMHO, you'd better transform SWINOG in
such an ISP-single-point-of-contact association than founding a new one
(marketing is key: all the people need to get to know you first, that costs
effort and ressources)
- talk to ASUT, nicely. if they let you group together a Fachgruppe or
Arbeitgsruppe to work on said subject, that will lead to better results
(politically-wise); papers produced in such a group have a much bigger chance
to be heard IMO.
- talk to other players / associations on this behalf, if ASUT is not of much
help.

just my 2 cents. not wanting to offend anyone, neither trying to get this great
idea out of your heads. just playing "advocatus diaboli" here. don't shoot me.

cheers
Umbi