Hi Ian,

I think that a large part of what SWORD adds to AtomPub is how you talk
about packaging.  We're definitely not going to go down the route of
specifying package formats or support levels outside of AtomPub's basic
definitions.  What I'd be particularly interested to know is whether you
think that SWORD currently provides you with enough tools to talk
/about/ packaging?

We have, for example, had a couple of mentions of the desire to ONLY use
mime-types, which we know is insufficient for describing packages - what
is the mime type of a DSpace METS package?  And I have also verified
that the registration process for mime-types is not strictly trivial.
Do the extra features for providing Package information during deposit,
Accept-Package headers for retrieval, and sword:packaging elements in
the service documents and atom entries provide you with a framework
which will work for your requirements?

Cheers,

Richard