For testing purposes i upgraded a project (that's already running on
1.2) to 1.3. I immediately noticed that the application was much
slower & was using more resources.

Symfony 1.2.10 timings : http://www.flickr.com/photos/digitalbase/4253786085/
Symfony 1.3.1 timings : http://www.flickr.com/photos/digitalbase/4253786131/

Leading to a much slower application :

Symfony 1.2.10 : http://www.flickr.com/photos/digitalbase/4253786199/
Symfony 1.3.1 : http://www.flickr.com/photos/digitalbase/4253786165/

Can anyone tell me why the "configuration" part is a lot slower
although its the same codebase ?
Is there any way to digg deeper in the "configuration" part (when it's
called, by who, etc) ?

I am aware that in 1.3 routing caching is disabled by default.
Enabling it doesn't seem to change that much.

More info :

- php version : PHP 5.2.10-2ubuntu6.3 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.7
- platform : DESKTOP01 2.6.31-16-generic
- apache : 2.2.11