Steve:

Sorry to be blunt: this is *faaaaaaaaaaar* bejond what we currently try
to acomplish. I guess this should be defined in a smime to syslog
mapping document. I am just a bit concerend about your proposed limit of
9999 octets. I am not sure how much voice will fit into it...

Honestly - this is no payload for syslog. I also see no point in SNMP
backup.

Some people might find that some of the samples are actual valid use
cases, and I may become convinced over time. But - to say it with Darren
- we have smaller fish to fry today ;)

I also do not find it very consistent to vote in a meeting for backwards
compatibility and then ask on list for a syslog revolution...

Rainer