From: "Anton Okmianski (aokmians)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Darren Reed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Tom Petch"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 4:39 PM
Subject: RE: [Syslog] Sec 6.1: Truncation

I think the suggestion from me and Tom (if I interpret his email correctly) is
to state that messages can be truncated at the end at an arbitrary point.  We
also make a note that this may result in invalid UTF character encoding, or a
change in UTF character.

I don't think it even warrants a SHOULD for truncation to preserve UTF character
in full. Valid characters when you only get some of them after truncation may
result in a wrong language word, anyway.

Anton.