On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 12:15:32PM +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Tuesday 2013-07-30 20:41, Vivek Goyal wrote:
> >>
> >> FYI, I don't see any CC's on the original mail as displayed on GMane via
> >> NNTP...
>
> Neither do I, with a normal (non-NTTP, non-Gmail) setup.
>
> >I am CCed in original mail and that's why I got a copy of it in my Inbox.
>
> If you did, you should be able to locate the second copy, received
> from the mailing list software.

I have received only one copy. Did not receive any copy from mailing
list. I think that is because I have not changed default user options
in mailing list settings which allow one to specifiy whether to
send mailing list copy or not if one is explicitly CCed in mail.

> >I am not sure how did Tom receive that mail. If my email id somehow
> >automatically got stripped, I have no idea how that can happen.
> >
> >I am trying to look into systemd-devel archives but there does not seem
> >to be any info who is CCed on the mail.
>
> Because there was no one CCed. Which either means that the original
> sender issued two different mail envelopes with two different mail
> bodies, or that the ML software stripped the CCs.

I suspect that's the case here. Somehow ML stripped CC. In reply mails
CC are intact. So not sure why it will happen only with first mail.

Thanks
Vivek