On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Michal Soltys <sol...@ziu.info> wrote:
> On 2016-06-22 05:39, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>>
>> 21.06.2016 23:23, Michal Soltys пишет:
>>
>> TBH, switch between run-time levels never really worked in the past,
>> before systemd, so at least there is no regression :)
>>

> Well, depends =) It was easy to do it cleanly, but rarely anyone cared. It's

How is different to what we have now? :)

>> Well, getty's are spawned dynamically on demand and there is no direct
>> dependency between various targets and running services. So switching
>> between multi-user and graphical would kill them. That's probably not
>> what users expect.
>

> It wouldn't (and it doesn't).

Did you actually test it?

> There is no conflict between mutli and
> graphical (graphical even wants/requires multi).

You probably misunderstand what isolate does. It builds closure of
units and stops everything that is not part of this closure (i.e. any
unit that is not directly or indirectly Required or Wanted by target).
Because autovt@ttyX.service (sorry, I meant them not getty) do not
have any dependency on any target, every running instance is stopped.
The only exception is getty@tty1.service which is explicitly pulled in
by getty.target.

> Otherwise you would require
> ignoreonisolate on nearly every service imaginable (ssh, dhcpd, etc.).

No. Most of them have direct or indirect dependency on multi-user or
graphical, otherwise they would not be started.

But yes, this is a problem; in particular this is (or at least was) a
problem for socket activated services.