On Mon, 22.05.17 19:36, Nikolai Kondrashov (nikolai.kondras...@redhat.com)
wrote:
I'm talking about logins on console now, so I assume the service in question,
technically, is systemd-logind. However, I found out that it's working OK, and
the real problem is these two pieces in /lib/systemd/system/getty@.service:

    # Unset locale for the console getty since the console has problems
    # displaying some internationalized messages.
    Environment=LANG= LANGUAGE= LC_CTYPE= LC_NUMERIC= LC_TIME= LC_COLLATE=
LC_MONETARY= LC_MESSAGES= LC_PAPER= LC_NAME= LC_ADDRESS= LC_TELEPHONE=
LC_MEASUREMENT= LC_IDENTIFICATION=

and

    ExecStart=-/sbin/agetty --noclear %I $TERM

What the first one does is obvious, and the second needs to be modified to
make login preserve the environment. Like this:

    ExecStart=-/sbin/agetty -o "-p -- \u" --noclear %I $TERM

Do you think the two pieces above can be changed to let the locale environment
through?

Yes, I think that would make sense to do. Could you file an issue
asking for that on systemd github? (or even better: a PR implementing
it!)

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/new

Done:

    https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/6023