> Andrew Owusu wrote
> US is the only country that has 3 major sports (Basketball, Football and
> Baseball) of equal prestige. For the rest of the world, its probably soccer
> leaving Athletics (Track and Field) as a 2nd or 3rd most favorite sport.

Not so in the UK. I would argue that football (soccer), cricket and rugby
have a greater hold on the public than track and field, certainly in terms
of attendances and participation.
Football we all know about but cricket's biggest crowds are in far bigger
than track and field's both for domestic matches and internationals, as are
rugby's.
Randall Northam