Flo Jo 100m in 10.49?? With an approximately 4 m/sec following wind as
everybody knows? you must be kidding.

What about the long jump duel (Lewis-Powell) at the 1991 World champs
in Tokyo?!

Note that Lusis vs. Wolferman's JT duel in Munich 1972 is the only event where
non-US atheltes were involved that makes your list. No feat by a Paavo Nurmi ot
an Emil Zatopek, or a win+WR by Herb Eliot in the 1960 Rome Olympic does. This
leaves one wondering whether it is worlwide track and field you are alluding to.

UG