I've been playing in traffic now for nigh on 60,000 or so miles in the last 20 years.
One of my one finger
salutes a few years ago got the guy I was running with that day charged with some
highway traffic offence.
He had the misfortune of running in the outside lane. We had to assume the position
just outside of the Y in
Brantford and a bunch of our friends(mostly professionals of some sort or another)
were going in and out of
the front door while it was going on. Of course they didn't dare stop and ask. It made
the national press in
Canada but it was before I got on any lists. It was laughed out of court and the cop
who laid the charge
will probably never live it down and they will likely joke about it at his retirement
roast. My friend's
father proudly added the various articles, pro and con letters to the editor and a
copy of the traffic
ticket to a scrapbook that he has been keeping on his son since he was an age group
national class swimmer.
Regards,
Martin