Complex Weavers is announcing that the keynote speaker for the CW2008 Seminars will be none other than our own Peter Collingwood. CW08 will be held June 28-July 2, 2008, immediately following Convergence. The location is Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida (across the bay from Tampa, where Convergence will be held). Peter will also be the conference's "scholar in residence," a concept that is not yet fully defined or fleshed out (discussion groups? set-aside tables in the dining hall? other activities?).

In addition to Peter's keynote address at the conference, I might note that there will be a number of seminars on aspects of tablet weaving, some presented by members of this e-list. CW conferences stress informational seminars rather than hands-on learning experiences. Each seminar is two hours, and conference participants can choose 6 seminars during the course of the 3-day conference. Each seminar slot has 5 choices, and the education committee has been careful not to schedule tablet weaving seminars so that they conflict with other TW seminars during the same time slot.

For more information, you can go to www.complex-weavers.org/seminar.htm

The registration packet will go out with the October issue of the CW Journal, and will be available online after that time. While the packet will be available online, registration must be via snail mail. CW is not yet able to accept online registration.

I hope to see many of you at CW 2008 in St. Pete!

Ruth