Hi DaveF,
Acting on advice, I have already split the Bridleway and re-tagged 2 sections
as:

bicycle=yesdesignation=public_bridlewayfoot=designatedhighway=stepshorse=designatedincline=down
  (or up)lit=nosurface=paved

The steps can be seen on aerial imagery (a bit fuzzy on Bing, but particularly
clear in the aerial imagery whose name shall not be mentioned in OSM), plus I
remember running through there a few  months ago, so I know that the steps are
there.   I intend to visit again soon and add more detail (number of steps,
etc.)
Between these is a section of the orignal way, which is now
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/1277843368
I hope this helps and that you agree with the tagging.

Regards,Peter
(PeterPan99)

    On Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 17:35:58 BST, Dave F via Tagging