From: Flavio Tordini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 10:36 AM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: using Node variables with JSTL XML tags

hi chris,
thank you for your answer. The problem is i'm actually passing a *Node*
to the tag, not a Document. So I'd like to evaluate the XPath starting
from that Node, not from the root of the Document the Node belongs to.

I also tried:
<x:forEach select="$node">
   <x:out select="@name"/>
</x:forEach>

and it works. But it's kind of a hack. I'm not searching for a
workaround, I need a clean solution since i'm working on a project that
aims to simplify JSP development with the aid of the JSTL + plus a
custom Servlet, and I cannot expect people to use this "forEach" hack.

flavio