On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 11:54 PM, SteveC <st...@asklater.com> wrote:
> I would phrase it that the vast majority aren't lawyers and don't want to
> become one, therefore don't know the implications of the problems with cc.
> That is all this is predicated upon, lawyers say that cc doesn't work for
> data.

Lawyers also say that cc does work for data.

You can generally find a lawyer who will say just about anything.

> The next step is to switch, and then if and when CC 4 comes out and is
> applicable to data then it's a simple process to change to that.

CC 2 and CC 3 are already applicable to data.  If what you mean is
that you're hoping that CC 4 is going to try to override the laws of
jurisdictions which says that facts can't be owned, well, that ain't
gonna happen.