I have to agree with Ben..

It doesn't make sense to add tags to the place node. If the contact details
were added to the place node, a thieve could pretend to be a new member and get
the address... depends on your member enrollment system.

I am going to assume many businesses tagged in osm have valuable equipment
readily available for thieves.

> On Jul 6, 2017 at 4:17 pm,  <Ben Kelley (mailto:ben.kel...@gmail.com)>  wrote:
>

> Hi.
>

> I think if the club has a location, then map a node at the club's location.
> (e.g. some type of amenity tag) Use the normal tags for contact details
> (phone number, web site).
>

> I don't think it makes sense to add tags to the place node.
>

>   - Ben.
>

> On 6/7/17 16:04, Gary Pope wrote:
>

> >  Intent: Would like to tag locations of many woodworking club houses around
> > Australia Issue: * Woodworking clubs like to attract new members, or
> > visiting members from other clubs * Woodworking clubs often contain
> > expensive machinery - theft target * But they do have websites that we can
> > link to * Some don't have websites, but newsletters (pdf) * If newsletters
> > are linked to, they often contain personal names  &  phone numbers
> > Proposal: * Add a tag to suburbs (place=suburb) that have woodworking
> > clubs. Such as: * place=suburb, club:woodwork=yes,
> > club:woodwork:website=website.org * Add a tag to woodwork clubs that want
> > their clubhouse location known, such as: * club=woodwork (note
> > craft/shop=woodwork would be wrong, as these places are not for commercial
> > use) * Contact woodwork clubs and ask them if / how they wish to be tagged
> > * Worst case scenario would be to create a separate database and host that
> > as an overlay to OSM Issues: * Which tag(s) to use * Tagging suburbs with
> > woodwor
k club facilities (Would very much like to know if this is ok, or if there are
alternatives) * Legal issues (privacy?) if we were to link to newsletters *
Woodworking club houses are often owned by the council, but can be privately
owned - some extra info Any feedback would be very welcome.