On this post you can find an image about how we would edit these cases:
https://github.com/TelenavMapping/AU-NZ_mapping_projects/issues/5

Regards,
Petra
From: John Berkers <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2019 10:51 AM
To: OSM-Au <talk-au@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [talk-au] Fwd: Editing road geometry Australia

Long time lurker, some time editor.

It is my understanding that marked "turn right only  lanes" are not cause to
create divergent ways.  These should be tagged using the "lanes" key as per
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:lanes

Creating divergent ways is considered "Tagging for the renderer" as the
documented separation is not physically there.

The first one, in WA, appears less of an issue to me.  Perhaps the separation
nodes could be closer to where the ways actually diverge, somewhere around the
mid-point of the dashed lines, rather than at the start of them.

The second one, near Canberra, has clearly diverged ways most of the way along
the bridge.

This intersection in Melbourne could potentially serve as an example:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/-37.93265/145.15653

Where there are actual medians between lanes, the ways separate, otherwise,
they do not.

Hope I haven't spoken out of turn.  The views expressed above are my
understanding of the guidelines with respect to mapping what is actually there.

Regards,

JohnB

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 6:15 PM Graeme Fitzpatrick