I agree with others that setting up a long list of services is probably
unworkable, and would prefer to focus on population cut offs as the key
criterion, with secondary, minor consideration to a very short list of key
services. However, can we focus on what the key cut offs are before we discuss
the fine details of scoring extra services? Once we’ve decided on the
population cut offs it could be relatively simple to use overpass queries to
see how often population cut offs address most of the service issues anyway
(because doctors etc tend to be in bigger centres) and how often we have
anomalies. Then we can work out scoring systems to address the anomalies. Until
we agree on broad population-based categories we can’t move forward much imo.
Thanks again Andrew for all your work and info, and everyone else for input.
Cheers Ian