On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 10:03 AM, joost schouppe
<joost.schou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So then you need to decide if a park in a residential area is a park or a
> residential area.

aren't park and residential area 2 different "layers" ?

I hope that one day we can map  a park as

landuse=recreation (or leisure)
leisure=park, perhaps with nested leisure=playground, pitch, garden in it.
landcover = grass / bushes/ trees/ flowerbeds / asphalt / water / ....
for the different parts of the park.

and what about the parking of a park? Does it belong to the
leisure=park area, but perhaps not to the landuse=leisure ?
what about a cafe in the park ? landuse=retail around building and
terrace ? terrace as leisure=outdoor_seating ?

BTW, do you know: http://osmlanduse.org/  ? It gives a pie chart with
the percentages of the landuse in the current view.
And although it says landuse/landcover, they ignore the landcover tag I believe.

m.