On 5 May 2011 17:03, Nick Whitelegg <nick.whitel...@solent.ac.uk> wrote:

> >Thanks for the suggestion. Take a look at this one which I hope does
> roughly what you have asked for with the >exception that I have coloured
> 'other designations' with a off-yellow (as used for unrecognised values in
> other map >views) and I have added grey for paths with no designation. Grey
> paths include highway=path, footway, bridleway, >cycleway and byway. There
> is a key this time.
> >http://www.itoworld.com/product/data/ito_map/main?view=87<http://www.itoworld.com/product/data/ito_map/main?view=87>
>
> Interesting... seems to show that us Hampshire mappers, along with those in
> Cheshire, are the most zealous designators.

There are certainly some prolific designators in some places! My patch is
particularly poor I am sorry to say.

Not sure how widespread this is but I tag byways as
> designation=public_byway. Might be good to show these too.

Can do. Is this a separate value/colour or is it an alias for another value?
If it is a separate colour then what colour would you suggest?

Regards,

Peter