The circumstances under which the East Riding of Yorkshire data was
provided to rowmaps are set out here:

http://www.rowmaps.com/datasets/EY/

I've no reason to mistrust Barry's account. But there is obviously a
provenance issue for other users if the Council as copyright holder has not
confirmed the licensing publicly.

This is a case by case problem, as the OGL status of some of the other
rights of way datasets on rowmaps can be confirmed via council sites.

I can't see that http://www.rowmaps.com/ has rights of way data for Hull.

Owen
@owenboswarva