Hi maning,

Actually, I mentioned in my e-mail that I have specifically excluded
congressional districts[1] from the discussion since these do not specify
administrative boundaries. Aside from the pork barrel, the representatives
don't *administer* their territories. I think these should be tagged as
boundary=legislative/congressional and not  as boundary=administrative.[2]

I've done a bit more research since my initial e-mail and here is my
proposed values for admin_level:

2 - National border
3 - Regions
4 - Provinces
5 - Sangguniang Panlalawigan districts (if any)
6 - Cities/Municipalities
7 - Sangguniang Panlungsod/Bayan districts (if any)
8 - Other administrative districts[3] (if any)
9 - Zones (if any)
10 - Barangays
12 - Sitios/Puroks (if any, but only if boundaries are defined)

The Sangguniang Lalawigan/Lungsod/Bayan districts are mentioned in Republic
Act No. 7887[4]. These districts basically apportion the members of the
LGU's Sanggunian. Since the Sanggunian is an administrative entity (it's the
one that creates the local laws or ordinances), then it's proper that their
districts also be given admin_levels.

These proposed values have the proviso that admin_level=3 is *not*
automatically an admin_level=4|5 due to the weird nature of Isabela City and
the ARMM. (But, as long as all boundaries are grouped into relations, then
there should be no problem with interpretations.)

Eugene / seav

-------------
[1] The proper legal term is "legislative district".

[2] We can also have boundary=judicial (for the jurisdictions of the
Regional and Metropolitan trial courts) and boundary=police (like Manila's
Western Police District). Also, Catholic archdioceses and dioceses, anyone
(boundary=catholic)? :-)

[3] Examples of other non-Sanggunian districts:

A. Manila has 6 Sangguniang districts (I to VI) co-terminous with the
legislative districts and these are further subdivided into 17 geographical
districts: Tondo 1, Tondo 2, Sta. Cruz, Sampaloc, Sta. Mesa, Quiapo,
Binondo, San Miguel, San Nicolas, Port Area, Intramuros, Paco, Pandacan,
Ermita, Malate, Sta. Ana, and San Andres. These districts are further
subdivided into 100 zones. (Tondo 1 and Tondo 2 used to be one district,
while San Andres used to be part of Sta. Ana and Sta. Mesa used to be part
of Sampaloc.)

B. Iloilo City has 6 districts: Arevalo, City Proper, Jaro, La Paz,
Mandurriao, and Molo. (Iloilo City has only 1 legislative district.)

C. Davao City has 3 Sangguniang districts (1 to 3) co-terminous with the
legislative districts and these are further subdivided into 11
administrative districts: Poblacion, Talomo, Agdao, Buhangin, Bunawan,
Paquibato, Baguio, Calinan, Marilog, Toril, and Tugbok.

D. Pasay City has 7 districts (1 to 7) subdivided into 20 zones. (Pasay City
has only 1 legislative district.)

N.B. Quezon City "districts" like Cubao, Diliman, La Loma, San Francisco del
Monte, Projects 2,3,4,5,6,7,8, etc. DO NOT have legally defined borders so
they won't have a place in the admin_level scheme.

[4] http://www.chanrobles.com/republicacts/republicactno7887.html