Hi,

To answer a few questions.

I have not yet uploaded the coastline data, so you would be able to tell which
coastline is pre upload, because it would be tagged "note:pre_PGS_import_2009".
This I believe will be searchable using JOSM.

The coastlines I intend to upload have (hopefully) had all the ways in each
island joined into one large way. (Wrote my own script to do this in the end).

This means, if you have a nice hand drawn island, such as Boracy, all you have
to do to delete the import, is select one way which is tagged
"source:PGS_import_2009" and delete it.

If you want to delete the original data, and not the imported data, all you
will need to do is select all the ways which are tagged
"note:pre_PGS_import_2009" and delete them.

Comparing the PGS data with Landsat images, in some places it is very good, but
for some reason, in other places it follows the foothills on islands, rather
than the coastline.

I could also delete the islands from the data that people don't want uploaded.
This would also speed up the uploading time.

As I only know the name of 3 Islands, you'll have to provide me with a link
showing where the islands you don't want uploaded are.

Of course we don't have to upload this data if it's not wanted, I have no
problem letting people go on drawing the coastlines by hand.

Cheers, Ian