Vào lúc 11:55 2020-08-22, Volker Schmidt đã viết:

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 19:31, <talk-us-requ...@openstreetmap.org <mailto:talk-us-requ...@openstreetmap.org>> wrote:
    I've
    even encountered signs that threaten people who attempt to use their
    driveway as a U-turn.

This seems to be the rule in England, UK. When I took my driving license many years back (1978) there, I remember that the driving instructor reminded me explicitly that that a U-turn backing the car into a driveway would mean my failing the test (I am from Germany where that is the preferred approach as it's safer than the the 3-point-turn which they tought me in England). So there are places in the world where the driveways are implicitly "private" without any additional sign.

I was referring to signs that threaten that the owner will come out and pull a gun out on you if you back into the driveway. Fortunately, these signs are relatively rare in the U.S. But they are quite different than the usual rule against backing into a driveway that would fail a driving test, hence my preference for making this distinction in the database.

--
m...@nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us