On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 19:31, <talk-us-requ...@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 10:14:00 -0700
> From: Minh Nguyen <m...@nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us>
> To: talk-us@openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Potential Mechanical Edit to remove
>         access=private from Amazon Logistics driveways in NH
> I've
> even encountered signs that threaten people who attempt to use their
> driveway as a U-turn.

This seems to be the rule in England, UK. When I took my driving license
many years back (1978) there, I remember that the driving instructor
reminded me explicitly that that a U-turn backing the car into a driveway
would mean my failing the test (I am from Germany where that is the
preferred approach as it's safer than the the 3-point-turn which they
tought me in England).
So there are places in the world where the driveways are implicitly
"private" without any additional sign.