The OpenStreetMap community has long agreed that mapping cadastral parcels
(land ownership) is not in scope. Protect area and National Park boundaries
were supposed to be less difficult to confirm and more valid.

But if what we are going to start mapping in the USA is simply the federal
ownership of land, that's just pure cadastre data. We might as well try to
map all the private land parcels and keep that information accurate - but
both tasks are too difficult, and the data is better provided by local
governments directly.

- Joseph Eisenberg