On Thursday 11 December 2008 07:05:58 you wrote:
> On a more serious note about addressing, the Karlsruhe Schema would
> still fit your scenario. You can interpolate along each block, and
> assume that there is no guarantee that every building number exists.
> Then for extra detail, you can mark every house in. I don't see any
> reason why it wouldn't work.
 It would work, it's just a lot of unneeded work. Sort of like using assembler
to get a directory listing when you can just use 'ls'. It's hard enough to
get mappers (I did 90% of the work in that area on my own), and the karlsruhe
schema isn't a good fit with the use of the data, either, since people use it
as a grid with a proper numbering scheme. So it's more work to input the data
and to process it later. There are people already (myself included) working
on rendering and routing taking advantage of numbers (without which routing
is not useful here).