On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Peter Miller <peter.mil...@itoworld.com> wrote:

> On 17 Dec 2008, at 15:25, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 03:02:17PM +0000, Peter Miller wrote:
>>
>>> There is not however a problem as far as I know in  people
>>> collecting their own timetable information from printed  material
>>> and entering it into a common DV.
>> I haven't collected anything yet since I fear the data might be
>> protected under the new database "copyright" in the EU. Would be
>> interesting to get a lawyers opinion on that.
>>

> I wound be very interested to see the first time that a transport
> authority took a person to court for promoting their services but
> there may be a first time! I do suggest that this is a different
> project from OSM though.

Yes, but certainly tied to OSM data though.  It would be very cool if
from this other project, people could assemble routes from nodes
already tagged as bus/train stops, add time table info for routes
already in the OSM DB and set nodes as the appropriate stops.  This
would probably need some form of a heavily modified potlache.

Cheers,

Adam