> I don't see why this needs to be a separate project. We already have
> Key:opening_hours for amenities, why not Tag:highway:bus_stop with
> additional tags that describe when each bus line stops there and a
> relation to map the greater bus route. That should be sufficient
> information to map the transit system and the data wouldn't be spread
> across two independently maintained databases.

Then you have the fact that time tables depend on the day of the week,
that the route depends also on the day of the week, and on the time of
day, and ....

It's a big project in itself.

Rather than try to centralize everything we know about the world into
OSM, we would be better off figuring out how multiple databases can be
tightly connected.

        Stefan