On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 13:00 +0000, Kevin Peat wrote:

> It's two things....the county boundary shouldn't go up rivers in the
> first place but also the part of the boundary that follows the coast
> would be better not being rendered. It seems to me that it must be
> included in a relation so that the county is an area but would be
> better
> not being visible.
>
> Kevin

I discussed this with Steve8 a few days ago on IRC and the plan is to:

- Hide any boundary rendering on ways with natural=coastline

- When there is more than one boundary on a given way, only render the
one with the lowest admin_level. This corresponds to the most important
boundary.

It is complicated by the fact that the information has to be
cross-referenced across multiple objects. This will need some extra
processing in osm2pgsql to implement and it may be a few weeks before I
get around to it.

        Jon