Martin Koppenhoefer schrieb:
> 2009/6/12 Richard Mann <richard.mann.westoxf...@googlemail.com>:
>
>> When I checked yesterday, there were 9 highway=cycleroad, and more than
>> 137000 highway=residential+maxspeed=30. I think I'd give a higher priority
>> to a distinctive rendering of the latter (though hopefully someone will be
>> tolerant of those of us stuck with imperial measures and use the same
>> rendering for maxspeed=20mph).
>>

> and how many of those residentials have a cycleway=cyclestreet /
> cycleroad tag attached? There are undoubtedly less cycleroads in the
> real world than residentials, but as it is legally (at least in some
> countries) a (new) own class of streets like pedestrian areas, it does
> make sense to introduce them in OSM as well (IMHO as own
> highway-type). I expect growing numbers of them in the future.
> Maxspeed=30 doesn't meet the point at least in Germany (cars have to
> adopt their speed to the bicycle-speed if present, bikes are allowed
> to drive side-by-side and cars must drive behind them in this case).
>
> Martin

IMO a cycleroad/cyclestreet should have the same behaviour as motorroad
and not with an new/seperate highway-class.

highway=* _cycleroad=yes_ (or _cyclestreet=yes_ or _cycleway=street_.
Prsonally I prefer cycleway=street because it's in the same meaning to
use as cycleway=lane or cycleway=track)

Best regards
 Mario