--- On Wed, 5/8/09, Morten Kjeldgaard <m...@bioxray.au.dk> wrote:

> Remember that data is no good if it's not rendered, and the
> software
> can't be expected to deal with a gazillion different
> situations. It's
> better to keep the data general. So using the "surface=*"
> tag is a
> better approach IMHO  to warn that a road is in a bad
> shape for ordinary
> traffic. Since that tag could also be used for a hiking
> trail in the
> mountains, it is a more general approach that the rendering
> engines
> could more easily deal with.

Signs specifically have "4WD Only" on them, this isn't something we're mapping
subjectively. This is something a government body has put upand their signs
don't indicate anything else beyond that so this is no different then recording
what is on a maxheight sign, we aren't measuring it we're recording information
as we see it on signs.