John Smith schrieb:

> --- On Wed, 5/8/09, Morten Kjeldgaard <m...@bioxray.au.dk> wrote:
>
>> Remember that data is no good if it's not rendered, and the
>> software
>> can't be expected to deal with a gazillion different
>> situations. It's
>> better to keep the data general. So using the "surface=*"
>> tag is a
>> better approach IMHO  to warn that a road is in a bad
>> shape for ordinary
>> traffic. Since that tag could also be used for a hiking
>> trail in the
>> mountains, it is a more general approach that the rendering
>> engines
>> could more easily deal with.
>
> Signs specifically have "4WD Only" on them, this isn't something we're
> mapping subjectively. This is something a government body has put upand their
> signs don't indicate anything else beyond that so this is no different then
> recording what is on a maxheight sign, we aren't measuring it we're recording
> information as we see it on signs.

Okay, i got the point. I agree that this should be put into a tag/value
pair but with the clarification that 4wd_only=yes (or whatever the tag
will be) does *not* necessarily mean that all 4wd vehicles could pass
this road at any time, instead it's a given restriction, similar to
maxspeed.

Then this indeed should be supported by the rederers.

Peter