2009/8/14 Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com>:
>> Absolutely true: explicit in the wiki ;-)
>
> We have a database, let's populate it. The wiki is to help instruct
> people how to best populate the database - it should not be a part of
> the database itself.

but this is not real "map"-information but it is legal information you
could also get from different sources. If a way is legally a cycleway,
all the laws and implications in that county apply automatically. You
just need the info: "it is a cycleway" (and not simply a way where you
can cycle, but one designated as such). That's why I would _not_ put
foot=no, motorcar=no, hgv=no, psv=no, goods=no, horse=no,
motorcycle=no, moped=no, airplanes=no, llamas=no on every single
cycleway. It is implied. I would put foot=yes if they are allowed.

The proposed wiki-table would just be for the comfort of the mappers
(summarize the legal situation and document it in a OSM-focused way),
but it would not be required to read the map (if you know the local
laws).

cheers,
Martin