2009/10/13 Claudius <claudiu...@gmx.de>:
> True. In german we say "Schutzhütte" (losely translates as "protection
> hut") and the german wikipedia article shows good examples in pictures:
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzhütte (ignore the one in the lower
> right corner). These "shelters" are only used as a protection from bad
> weather. You won't voluntarily spend a night there and they won't have
> any facilities or even power supply.
>
> Don't you call these "shelter" in English?

How do you know that OSM-"shelter" is "Schutzhütte"? It could as well
be "Unterstand".
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unterstand - thus changing just slightly
but still it's meaning. Btw. wikipedia translates "Schutzhütte" to
"mountain hut" and has no corresponding English article for this.
WP-"shelter" corrisponds to WP-"Unterkunft" which is surely not the
intended meaning here.

cheers,
Martin